one week to GB's party
GB's first birthday party is one week away. Am I ready? Ha. Ha. No.
Here's what I've got so far:
- I'm hosting the party at my pretzel shop, so there will be soft pretzels.
- I'm doing a general red and aqua color scheme and "little man" theme with mustaches and bowties.
- I ordered GB an adorable first birthday outfit (from Etsy of course).
- I'm using a digital red and aqua scrapbook paper download to make some pennants to hang, primarily on his highchair.
- I (actually) made some cute cupcake picks using crafty stuff from AC Moore. I even now own a Martha Stewart paper punch. Who am I?
- I ordered some vanilla cupcakes to stick those picks in... and got a free smash cake in the process!
- I found some red and blue sodas that I'm going to display in a metal drink tub.
- I ordered a Dr. Seuss birthday book for guests to sign.
- I'm using butcher paper to cover the tables.
- I'm going to pick up some red and aqua helium balloons.
and... that's about it. Since this is a small gathering with just family, they shouldn't judge me if I don't have a Big Top and photo booth and clown and foie gras, right? You guys know how I feel about birthday parties, after all.
I'll share photos after the party!